|Simphiwe Maphumulo playing a game of Morabaraba|
From conversation held, and heard, in the corridors of power, it is rumoured that Simphiwe Maphumulo (MSSA's president) is not looking to do another term.
It was overheard that Simphiwe wants to step down from the Presidency in order to concentrate on the well-being of board games.
While that is a blow to the Presidency, it is certainly a gain for board games.
When looking back, every member, and Registered Player, will take pride in what Simphiwe achieved in his term.
His achievements include:
|Simphiwe Maphumulo dealing with SABC TV|
- Overhauling the Management Board in terms of how meetings were conducted,
- Devolving a greater amount of authority to various Boards of Control,
- Creating an even greater culture of responsibility among the Chairmen of the Boards of Control,
- Maintaining MSSA's position of ethical correctness when dealing with SASCOC, and
- Ensuring that MSSA;s vision apropos the development of all gaming was maintained.
The big question is, though, who will replace him. These are big shoes to fill!