|MSSA president, Amanda Pakade, oversaw vast and sweeping changes.|
Thus Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA), having been founded in 1985, always takes a critical look at its Constitution. In the past ten (10) years only in 2014 and 2015 were there no changes effected to the Constitution. In the quick-paced environment in which Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) finds itself, due the everchanging esports scene, the 2014 and 2015 years hampered the developmment and flexibility for which MSSA prides itself.
Nevertheless, at MSSA's 2018 AGM, a number of changes were effected.
One such change was to amend the criteria of those who may be elected onto the Management Board.
The changes, allow greater diversity on MSSA's Management Board while not sacrificing stability and good governance.
The new criteria are:
- Have served a full term on the Management Board, or
- Have served a full term as Provincial Director, or
- Have served two full terms as Regional Director, or
- Have served two full terms on a Board of Control, or
- Have earned at least ten (10) Protea caps, or
- Have served three years on the club committee of which they are currently a member.