In order to transfer from one club to another, a Registered Player needs to settle all of his debts with his current club, and apply to such club to leave.MSSA, only allows this, unless in exceptional circumstances, to happen in the period 1 November to 28 February.
The reasons for only having one transfer period is to:
- Create stability in in both clubs and teams
In the past, gamers were known to 'clan hop'. While this at the time may have rewarded certain players with immediate gratification (in sponsorships, prize-money, etc.) it did nothing to allow a club to fully develop the gamer. If a club is not sure about the length of time that a gamer will be a member of the club, the club is more likely to abuse the gamer's skills and not further develop the gamer. So it has been in the past where MSSA has seen some gamers move from one club to another as soon as the club offered the gamer that little bit more.
Teams that also stick together, learn how to deal with each other as a group, deal with problems, and work better as a team.
- Rationalise membership
In terms of MSSA's Constitution and Regulations, a Registered Player may only represent one club, unless a scholar. Scholars, affiliated to a private club, are allowed to play for their schools in school leagues and championships. The club that the Registered Player may represent is the first club that the Registered Player joined in the season. Such club is then known as the 'first claim' club and only such club may enter the person into championships or count his/her membership for voting rights.
Thus, MSSA's records apropos membership do not show 'double-dipping' as a Registered Player may only be shown as a member of only one club and are quite accurate.
- Ensure sustainability of clubs
The strength of any association remains its members. Since it is the clubs that are the members of MSSA, it is vital that MSSA protects and develops the clubs themselves. By regulating the movement of players, clubs are better able to budget and plan for how they want to develop themselves.
Thus the transfer 'window' is now open. If you as a player want to transfer your allegiance from one club to another, do it before 28 February 2022.
- Affiliation: Schools
- Affiliation: Private clubs
- Affiliation: Advantages of affiliation
- Calendar of Events: 2021
- Calendar of Events: 2022 - Proposed
- Colours: Regional Coloursaffiliated, Busan, Checkers, Draughts, eSports, Mind Sports South Africa, Morabaraba, MSSA, Registered, school, Team, wargames
- Colours:2021 South African National High School Colours - Esports
- Colours:2021 South African National Primary School Colours - Esports
- Entry Dates: All championships
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's High School Championships.
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's Student Championships
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's Premier Championships.
- Events: Eastern Cape Online Provincial Championships - 19 September 2021
- Events: Limpopo Online Provincial Championships - 26 September 2021
- Ladder: National Ladder Champions
- Notices: 2021 MSSA Management Board Awards.
- Notices: Annual General Meeting - Board positions
- Notices: Celebrating MSSA's female Protea athletes.
- Notices: Opportunities for female esports athletes.
- Notices: MSSA's new Players' Representative - Jessie Joubert (ZAG Academy
- Notices: Lenel Human makes history.
- Notices: Sahil Ebrahim of PES Society elected as MSSA's Western Cape Provincial Director.
- Notices: Derby events
- Notices: Derby events -the way forward.
- Notices: For our children's children...
- Notices: Learners may play for both private and school clubs.
- Notices: League of Legends re-instated.
- Notices: Home schooling
- Notices: Publishing your club news.
- Notices: Transfer season
- Notices: Calling all those wishing to serve as Selectors to volunteer
- Notices: The various events held by Mind Sports South Africa.
- Qualifiers: Counter-Strike: GO
- Rankings: Clash Royale
- Rankings: Counter-Strike: GO
- Rankings: Morabaraba
- Rankings: Pro Evolution Soccer (PES)
- Results: 2021 Combined Online Provincial Schools Championships
- Results: MSSA's 2021 FREE STATE Online Provincial Championships
- Results: 2021 Gauteng Online Championships
- Results: KwaZulu Natal Online Provincial Championships
- Results: MSSA's 2021 NORTH WEST Online Provincial Championships
- Results: 2021 South African Online National High School Esports Championships
- Results: Western Cape Online Provincial Championships
- Results: Derby - Old Edwardian
- Results: Derby - Old Edwardian and ZAG Academy
- Selection: 2021/2022 National Squads
- Selection: New National Team Selection Criteria
- Selection: Selecting the national Protea teams for Mind Sports South Africa.
- Sportsmanship: 2021 Sportsmanship awards to date
- Test Match results: South African Protea DotA 2 team rises triumphant.
- Test Match results: DOTA2: South Africa vs Azerbaijan
- Trailblazers: Michelle Marder
- Transfer season: 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022