With the support from MWEB, the MSSA has been able to give even greater support to gamers than ever before which has allowed the MSSA to continue developing eSports as a fully accredited sport at school level.
The MSSA considers its school development programme to be the fundamental building block to creating top-of-the-line international players.
The on-line championship is able to reach into every 'nook-and-cranny' in South Africa to find aspiring young gamers who will be able to fight for accolades as being the best gamer (in both men's and women's divisions), but also earn provincial colours. Such provincial colours may even allow the deserving recipient the ability to earn a sports bursary at university.
But it does not stop there. The MWEB sponsorship allows the entrants to enter for free......
Incredible - something for nothing!
In 2014 the MSSA shall send a male and female StarCraft II player to participate in the IeSF's 2014 World Championships in Baku, Azerbaijan. However, it must be remembered that only the senior events count towards qualifying for the National Team trials for such team.
Details of the championship are:
- Swiss Rounds
- Only learners who are registered as high school learners may enter. Registration forms must still be completed and submitted, but any learner that enters does not need to be a Registered Player.
- Participants who are still minors must get a guardian to submit their entry for the tournament
- Participants must own a legal version of 2
- Participants must be resident in South Africa
- To register, a completed registration form must be either faxed to 086 672 1911 or sent as a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrations shall close on 31 July 2014 at 24H00.
- 2 August 2014 - Start time 10H00
- The tournament will run via the European Battle.net server
- The awarding of school provincial colours;
- The awarding of medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for both men and women;
Mind Sports South Africa
P O Box 19275
Tel: 011 828 4994
Cell: 073 593 9451
Fax: 086 672 1911
Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) is an affiliate of the South African Confederation of Sport and Olympic Committee.
The MSSA is responsible for the good governance and promotion of Board games (such as Backgammon, Diplomacy, Checkers, Draughts, Morabaraba, etc.), eSports (whether they are played on 'cell 'phones, consoles, personal computers or similar), and historical figure games (also known as wargames).