Serving on Mind Sports South Africa's Management Board is not for the faint-hearted as there are many tough, contentious, and some unpopular, decisions to be made on a continuous basis.
According to MSSA President, Colin Webster, MSSA's constitution allows for greater upward mobility than any other South African National Federation.
Only Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) runs accredited, and official, regional, provincial, and national championships and leagues.
It is during these times when Board members have to stand up and be counted, times when you know that it is the right decision, albeit not a popular one. It all comes down to ethics.
Even bearing all the above in mind, the work is done gleefully by a core of volunteers who seek no reward other than seeing the various disciplines and games grow, and watch the athletes attain their full potential.
Every club may nominate athletes for the Board, and since retiring officers are not automatically made eligible for re-election, even retiring officers need to be nominated by a member club in good standing, if the following criteria are met:
- A member club has nominated the Registered Player on the prescribed form, and
- The Nomination Form and Letter of Undertaking has been submitted to MSSA on or before 1 November 2023, and
- The Registered Player is fully-paid-up for the 2023/2024 year as at the date of nomination, and
- The club nominating the Registered Player has paid its affiliation fees for the 2023/2024 season on or before 1 November 2023.
- Have served a full term on the Management Board, or
- Have served a full term as Provincial Director (2 year terms), or
- Have served two full terms as Regional Director (1 year term), or
- Have served two full terms on a Board of Control (1 year term), or
- Have earned at least ten (10) Protea caps, or
- Have served three years on the club committee of which they are currently a member.
- Vice President
- Women's Desk
- Computer Gaming Representative
- Figure-Gaming Representative
- National Schools Director
- Disabled Gamers' Representative
- Players' Representative (To be elected by players participating in SA Nationals)