|Amanda Kwaza (MSSA President) will oversee major changes to MSSA's Board with the possibility of 11 new Board members being voted in.|
Any event not accredited by MSSA is essentially a flawed event as not only does it not have any accreditation, but it is not able to ensure the metal and physical health of the participants.
Thus serving on Mind Sports South Africa's Management Board is not for the faint-hearted as there are many tough, and some unpopular, decisions to be made on a continuous basis.
It is during these times when Board members have to stand up and be counted, times when you know that it is the right decision, albeit not a popular one. It all comes down to ethics.
Even bearing all the above in mind, the work is done gleefully by a core of volunteers who seek no reward other than seeing the various disciplines and games grow, and watch the athletes attain their full potential.
Every club may nominate athletes for the Board, and since retiring officers are not automatically made eligible for re-election, even retiring officers need to be nominated by a member club in good standing, if the following criteria are met:
- A member club has nominateds the Registered Player on the prescribed form, and
- The Nomination Form has been submitted to MSSA on or before 1 November 2019, and
- The Registered Player is fully-paid-up for the 2019/2020 year as at the date of nomination, and
- The club nominating the Registered Player has paid its affiliation fees for the 2019/2020 season on or before 1 November 2019.
- Have served a full term on the Management Board, or
- Have served a full term as Provincial Director (2 year terms), or
- Have served two full terms as Regional Director (1 year term), or
- Have served two full terms on a Board of Control (1 year term), or
- Have earned at least ten (10) Protea caps, or
- Have served three years on the club committee of which they are currently a member.
- Three Executive Officers
- General Secretary
- Disabled Gamers' Representative
- Legal Advisor (only a qualified lawyer may hold this position)
- National Schools' Director (only an Educator may hold this position)
- Disabled Gamers’ Representative
- Womens’ Representative (only a female may hold this position)
- Wargames Representative
- Card Gaming Representative
- Board Gaming Representative