|Getting selected for an official Protea Tea enables athletes to meet, and befriend, top international players. Here Jarrod Pretorius (left) is seen with Tomasz Huzar of Hungary.|
Mind Sports South Africa's (MSSA) shall be holding National Team Trials (NTT) on 12 August 2023.
The titles to be played in such National Team Trials are:
- Clash of Clans
- Clash Royale
- Dota 2 - female
- FIFA '23
- League of Legends
- Rocket League (1 v 1)
- Rocket League (3 v 3)
- Street Fighter 6
The athletes selected at such National Team Trials shall represent South Africa for
- Dota 2 - female, and
- Street Fighter 6
at 2023 GEF World Championships, while the other titles mentioned above will also have official National Squads selected for duty in other events before selection of the 2024 Protea Team..
In order to participate, players must be registered for the 2022/2023 season.
It should be noted that MSSA shall be holding such NTT online with the following proviso's:
- Player's in the same team entered from the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- Players in the same team from different provinces may play from different provinces, and
- Players participating in individual titles (1v1) from the same club and who reside in the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- All venues must have a club member in attendance.
- Confirmation to attend events (test matches and other matches), and,
- Clearance from stimulants.
To have qualified, a Registered Player shall have:
- Have finished in the top three places, or top 20% (whichever is greater), in a Provincial or National Championship, and/or
- Have won a Regional Championship, and/or
- Have won a Derby event, and or
- Have represented South Africa in an international championship in 2022.
- Entry is R100.00 per Registered Player.
- Only fully-paid-up Registered Players may participate in this event.
- Entries for National Team Trials must be submitted by midnight on 11 August 2023.
- To enter, the club must complete the Google Drive document.
- The entry form may be found on Google Drive. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ERR6815uVjSMu4t5KkRxYqGJ_AA88kkz31qRgksASc/edit#gid=287696184
- Clubs are to download the entry form, completed the downloaded form, and e-mail it to Mind Sports South Africa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Players making themselves eligible for selection, shall submit copies of their valid Passports with their other documentation to the National Team Manager upon meeting the above criteria for selection.
- Players who have reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NHcMGH5G97JA-UbMejpH5AnYjZ4eRChV/edit
- Players who have not yet reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/10OcmITrUHuNx298zZUdDoVuWvstJFyHa/edit
- Copy of South African Passport.
- Signed Senior or Junior Contract (Please note a parent or guardian will need to sign if the player is under 18 years of age).
- Copy of an Unabridged Birth Certificate for players under the age of 18
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19.