|Getting ready to vote!
By now every member and registered player will be aware that MSSA shall be holding its elections on 4 December 2016.
But many members and registered players seem to be blissfully unaware of the process.
The process is:
- Member clubs nominate Registered Players,
- Member clubs vote for those that they want at the AGM, and
- Those who have received the most votes are elected into office.
- School clubs - one (1) vote for every ten (10) fully paid-up player, and
- Other clubs - one (1) vote for every five (5) fully paid-up player
Where there are two or more candidates standing for the same office (position), then a vote is held, and the person with the most votes gets the office (position).
However, it must be noted that a Registered Player may only be elected into one office. Even if a Registered Player has stood for many positions, in order to increase his/her chance of being elected, as soon as the Registered Player is elected into a position, all other nominations are vitiated and struck off the agenda.
Such rule ensures that no-one person has more than their fair share of the say.