|MSSA president, Amanda Kwaza, has demonstrated time-after-time that she is a competant administrator.|
While everybody aims at getting to the Board, which is a noteworthy ambition in itself, it should be remembered that in order to sit on the Board, Registered Players have to meet stipulated criteria.
One such criteria is to have served two terms as a Regional Director.
As all South Africans are aware, South Africa has 56 Regions. South Africa is divided into provinces, and below that into Regions (which may consist of one or more municipalities).
Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) conforms to all such demarcations.
Thus MSSA holds Regional Championships in order to ensure it has an effective footprint.
Regional Directors only have a one-year term and are accountable directly to the Management Board.
The roles and duties of the Regional Directors are:
- To be a member of the Provincial Board of Control,
- To liaise with local government,
- To liaise with clubs within such region,
- To act as Tournament Director for MSSA's regional championships in such region,
- To select such Regional Teams, and
- To manage such Regional Teams.
If you want to be a Regional Director, ask your club to nominate you to the Management Board as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org.