Friday 6 April 2018

Esmari Swart (VexxedPhoenix) has been appointed to MSSA's Board of Control.

 Esmari Swart (VexxedPhoenix) while competing as a member of MSSA's Protea Esports Team in Busan - 2017.
Selected in 2017 as the Vice-Captain of the National Squad for the CounterStrike: GO esports title, Esmari Swart and has became the first female Vice-Captain of a South African squad.

Esmari currently is studying a degree in BSC in Information Technology and Robotics at NWU Vaal.

Yet even though she is totally committed to her studies, Esmari finds the time to be truly dedicated to esports, competes on a regular basis, and even umpires at MSSA events.
As Esmari states, "I got into competitive esports by meeting people in the CS:GO community. Met such amazing and interesting individuals who inspired me and pushed me to try and become the best player I could! I have always enjoyed gaming but never knew the competitive side of it. When i got introduced to it at the end of 2016 I couldn't get enough! Ultimately what drives me is to see the esports scene in South Africa grow and to go as far as I possibly could go! I enjoy the competition too much to not try my best and get involved in any way possible".

Certainly from what MSSA has seen, Esmari is driven. Esmari has already earned herself Gauteng Provincial, National Federation Colours, and Protea Colours and has both Provincial and National titles under her belt.

With MSSA's Management Committee appointing Esmari to serve on MSSA's Esports Board of Control (BoC), Esmari will even further assist the growth and development of esports in South Africa.


For other articles on the Esports Board of control, please see:

No comments:

Post a Comment