Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) is ever mindful of improving player welfare and performance. With such belief Mr. Barry Bridges operates as MSSA's online coach and wellness consultant.
Barry Bridges (ZAG Academy) is a qualified sports scientist who holds international certifications in sleep science, sports performance, golf fitness, and FMS movement testing. He is based in Cape Town, South Africa and has over 12 years of experience working with Golf fitness for professional golfers such as interprovincial, national and sunshine tour golfers. While Barry had focused extensively on the golf industry he also has experience in working as a coach for strength and conditioning (soccer), corporate wellness, sleep coaching, and esports performance.
Barry uses the following list of tools to assess novice and professional gamers when they undergo when I sleep training.Barry further believes that education is vitally important when approaching gamers on this topic Gamers need to understand the 'why' and 'how' of sleep and recovery. Once the basic information has been covered, then Barry will dig deep into proper analysis and find out their sleep needs.
Gathering the information from the gamer will be the first step to allowing to identify weak performance points and to provide the best solutions going forward.
Here below are a few sleep tricks to help all gamers build sleep quality:
- Make sure to get regular sleep wake up times this will help promote sleepiness the night leading up to sleep.
- Get outside first thing in the morning and add some movement. The body needs sunlight and movement to reset our body clocks to prepare us for work. It is suggested that gamers have 15-30min of sunlight exposure in the morning, and add a walk or a early morning run and some stretching.
- Eat on a regular basis. Meal timing is important for the stomach and sleep. When you eat on regular times you will be able to perform on a daily basis. I suggest aiming for a big breakfast, Medium lunch and a light dinner. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a peasant!
Anyone wishing to contact Barry Bridges can do so on WhatsApp: +27 (0) 83 651 4170.
- MSSA elections allow change and growth.
- MSSA remains a dynamic institution.
- Preventing dominance by any one club.
- Advantages of affiliation
- Calendar of Events: 2021
- Events: 11th Online School Championships - 13 February 2021.
- Events: Western Cape Online Provincial Championships - 27 February 2021
- Affiliation: Schools
- Affiliation: Private clubs
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's High School Championships.
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's Student Championships
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's Premier Championships.
- Notices: MSSA's new Players' Representative - Jessie Joubert (ZAG Academy
- Notices: Lenel Human makes history.
- Notices: Sahil Ebrahim of PES Society elected as MSSA's Western Cape Provincial Director.
- Notices: Derby events
- Notices: Derby events -the way forward.
- Notices: Publishing your club news.
- Notices: Transfer season
- Notices: Learners may play for both private and school clubs.
- Notices: Calling all those wishing to serve as Selectors to volunteer
- Test Match results: South African Protea DotA 2 team rises triumphant.
- Test Match results: DOTA2: South Africa vs Azerbaijan
- New National Team Selection Criteria
- Selecting the national Protea teams for Mind Sports South Africa.