|Being selected to officially represent South Africa remains the highest honour for an athlete.|
Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) sets its National Squad Selection Date every year after every Annual General Meeting. Even though the date has not been set, all Registered Players should take note of the new criteria that shall be used in 2019 for selection.Selection shall only be held in periods/genres that are currently being played at a MSSA Provincial or National Championships, if such period is played in at least 30% of the Provinces. This applies to all disciplines and to all periods. Thus if any game (period) is not played in at least 3 of South Africa's provinces, a team for such game (period) shall not be selected.
According to the new rules, to be eligible for selection a Registered Player shall;
- If being of the age of majority and have received Protea and/or, National Federation, and/or Provincial Colours in the previous year, shall have successfully completed an Umpires’ Course (if such course was held in the province in which such player resides after the date of being awarded such colours), and
- Have been awarded Protea and/or National Federation Colours in the previous year, or
- Have participated in at least 3 MSSA events where such player shall have won a Regional Championship in such period/genre, or have finished in the top 20% or top three places, whichever is greater, at any official Provincial Championships for such period/genre, or have finished in the top 20% or top three places, whichever is greater, at the SA School National Championships for such period/genre, and be fully-paid-up members of an affiliated Member, and be ranked in the top ten of the Ladder for such period/genre.
- A player is on maternity leave, or
- A player is on paternity leave, or
- A player is on compassionate leave, or
- A player is unable to obtain leave from his/her employer, or
- A player has valid financial reasons for not attending (being on holiday and thus not being able to afford to attend, does not count as a valid financial reason), or
- The player is a minor and has not received parental permission to attend, or
- Be in their first year of registration.
Players making themselves eligible for selection, shall submit copies of their valid Passports with their other documentation to the National Team Manager upon meeting the above criteria for selection.
Should entry fees be required, such entry fees shall be paid by the date of entry.
Players, who are minors (that is under the age of 18), making themselves eligible for selection, shall submit copies of their valid Passports and any other documentation as required with their other documentation to the National Team Manager upon meeting the above criteria for selection.
Post a Comment