Amanda Pakade (left) was MSSA's first Athletes' Representative, and Amoné Bekker (right) was MSSA's most recent.Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) was way ahead of the curve when it created its Athletes' Representative position to sit on the Board way back in 2005.The person who holds this position has to represent the aims, wishes, and desires of the gamers in order to ensure that the players are not overlooked in the decision-making process. Such Player Representative, must therefore owe greater loyalty to the players than to any club affiliation.
Those who have held, and excelled in such office are:
- Amoné Bekker (Valhalla)
- Jason Batzofin (Old Edwardian Mind Sports Club)
- Jonathan Newman (Maritzburg Griffins)
- Amanda Pakade (nee Kwaza) (University of Johannesburg)
The position can thus be seen as a stepping stone to greater things.
Elections for such position are held at MSSA's 2020 SA National Championships by the athletes.
The criteria to stand for the position of Athletes' Representative are:
- The Player's Representative shall have Protea Colours, and
- The Player's Representative shall have represented South Africa in an International Competition, and
- The Player's Representative shall not be over 30 years of age at the time of such election.
- MSSA elections allow change and growth.
- Preventing dominance by any one club.
- Advantages of affiliation
- Calendar of Events: 2020
- Affiliation: Schools
- Affiliation: Private clubs
- Nominations for MSSA's Board must be in by 1 November 2020.
Post a Comment