|MSSA President, Amanda Pakade, with 2018 SA National Tekken 7 Champion, Charlize Seremak (HTS Sasolburg).|
Even though MSSA has always given ample notice of the rules on how the esports titles are selected, there are always one or two member club delegates who state that they were unaware of the process.
So what is the process?
The process for selecting esports titles for provincial and national championships is that any club may nominate additional titles as long as such titles shall have been played at any two Regional Events at which there were at least three teams per event. MSSA will only ever select at most 10 esports titles per annum per type of championship.
Bearing in mind the above criteria, as well as the schedule of esports titles played in MSSA's 2019 events (below), it will immediately become apparent that currently MSSA only has 7 titles selected for Student provincial and national championships, and only has 9 titles selected for High School provincial and national championships.
Thus an additional three (3) titles may be selected for Student provincial and national championships, and another one (1) title may be selected for High School provincial and national championships.
Any member club wishing to nominate its favourite esports title for consideration must therefore make the nomination of such title by 1 November 2019 (so that the nomination can be included on the agenda) and ensure that such title has been played at least two (2) Regional Championships.
The titles that were played in 2019, and will automatically be nominated are:
- Entry fees for Provincial and National Championships for the period 1 November 2019 to 31 October 2020.
- MSSA advises of its affiliation and registration fees for the 2019/2020 season.
- MSSA elections allow change and growth.
- Amanda Pakade is elected in for a 3 year term as MSSA President.
- Freedom of association.
- MSSA benefits all member clubs.
- MSSA's Elected Office-Bearers for 2019.
- Preventing dominance by any one club.
- MSSA amends rules for hosting Regional Championships.