Members are aware that there are criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to stand for a position on Mid Sports South Africa's (MSSA's) Board. The criteria ensure that there is continuity on the Board as well as that there is a greater understanding of the culture within MSSA, and an understanding of the issues surrounding the administration of MSSA.
However, it would b remiss, if not totally negligent, of MSSA to not provide an upward path to those who wish to eventually serve on MSSA's Board.
One such path, is for Registered Players to serve as a Provincial or Regional Director.
Their are nine Provincial Directorships available, and a staggering 52 positions available for the position of Regional Director..
While Provincial Directors are elected in for two year terms, Regional Directors only have a one-year term and are accountable directly to the Management Board.
The term of office shall be from the day of election until the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
However it should be noted that only athletes who meet the following criteria may be elected:
- A member club has nominated the Registered Player on the prescribed form, and
- The Nomination Form has been submitted to MSSA on or before 1 November 2020, and
- A Letter of Undertaking has been submitted by the nominee, and
- The Registered Player is fully-paid-up for the 2020/2021 year as at the date of nomination, and
- The club nominating the Registered Player has paid its affiliation fees for the 2020/2021 season on or before 1 November 2020.
Please note that only Registered Players may stand for the position in the province and/or region in which they live.
If you want to be a Regional Director, ask your club to nominate you to the Management Board as soon as possible at email@example.com.