|Colin Webster at the IeSF's 7th World Championships
From the very beginning when Mind Sports was not an accredited Sport, through to when MSSA was accepted as a sport until it became the body that it become today.
There is a great deal of speculation that Colin only stood down as President in 2013 as to not fall foul of the SASCOC rule that forbids a president of a national federation from holding such office for more than ten years on a continuous basis.
"It is true that I stood down in order to comply with the rules, but that was not the only reason!". remarked Colin Webster.
It seems as though one of the other reasons was to give others a chance at running the organisation.
Colin's great belief is that MSSA is a vehicle in which those administrating it take their instructions from the passengers. The passengers are the member clubs.
Colin too, only has good things to say about Simphiwe Maphumulo.
"Simphiwe came in at a difficult time, rose to the challenge, and steered MSSA safely through some pretty turbulent times".
However, under Colin's presidency (2005 to 2013), the following was achieved:
- MSSA was a founding member of SASCOC,
- eSports became recognised as a sport,
- MSSA sent teams to world championships every year,
- MSSA was a founder member of the Confederation for African eSport,
- MSSA hosted the African Continental Championships in 2008,
- MSSA affiliated to IeSF, and
- MSSA affiliated to IeSMoD.
Colin is nominated by the Old Edwardian Wargames Club.