|Simphiwe Maphumulo - MSSA's President since December 2013|
Not only will there be some important proposed changes to the Constitution apropos ensuring gender equity, but a number of the positions on the Management Board will be up for grabs.
The positions up for election are:
- 1st Vice-President (in charge of development)
- 2nd vice-president (in charge of umpiring)
- Board gaming representative
- Card gaming representative
- eSports representative
- National Schools Director
- Women's desk
- Legal adviser
- Representative for gamers who are differently abled
- General Secretary
- 3rd Vice President (in charge of events)
- Figure gaming representative
- Player's representative
Never before have so many positions become available at the same time.
There is no doubt that the committee has worked well over the past number of years, and it will indeed be interesting to again see democracy at work.
As it can be seen from the above, MSSA does not hold truck with 'succession plans', but instead trusts entirely on its membership applying its mind and electing the right people to further promote gaming in South Africa.
Who will go, and who will stay, that is indeed the question.