|Colin Webster (General Secretary of MSSA, Board member of IESF) shall be a panelist at the Sponsorship Forum.|
The 2018 Outlook Edition
Date: 1 March 2018:
Venue: Ruimsig Country Club, Roodepoort (14h00-18h00)
“Negotiating Beneficial Sponsorship Deals in a Disruptive Economy”
Confirmed Speakers & Sponsorship Experts
- Aleck Skhosana, President, Athletics SA
- Michael Meyer, MD Stillwater Sports (Organisers of the Athletics Grand Prix Series)
- Major Athletics Sponsor
- Carel Bosman, Head, Sponsorships, Momentum
- Jacques Grobbelaar, CEO, Stadium Management SA
- Clint Paterson, CEO, Levergy
- Douglas Ryder, Team Principal, Team Dimension Data
- David Sidenberg, Executive Director & CEO, BMI Sportinfo
- Andrew Ross, Group Managing Director, Chaos Theory Events
- Colin Webster, General Secretary, Mind Sports South Africa (E-Sports)
- Bandile Mngoma and Sponsorships & Events Manager, Old Mutual
– What’s your Chances of Scoring Meaningful Sponsorship Deals in 2018?
– Why Event Organisers & Sponsors Should ReInnovate their Activation Strategies in 2018
– Why organisations should Effectively Negotiate the true “Brand-Value” of their Rights
– Why Sponsors want to Extract greater ROI & ROO benefits from a Sponsorship Deal
– Managing Athlete Endorsements and Image Rights in Sponsorship Deals
The 2018 Sport Events Sponsorship Research Report will be released at the Forum.
Join us at the 5th edition of Sports Sponsorship Forum to debate sponsorship and activation in a disruptive economy.
The Forum will feature some of SA’s premier thought leaders and sponsors sharing their know-how with our delegates in a highly interactive and key learning environment.
A panel of experts will kick off the proceedings by debating the Sponsorship Outlook Survey Report, which will reveal some interesting information on how organisers and rights holders view their status and appetite for sponsorship during 2018.
The Forum will debate the key challenges pertaining to the most important factors influencing the decisions of brand custodians when evaluating a sponsorship proposal.
Also, what they would look for in terms of their own expected Return on Investment (RIO) and Return on Objectives (ROOs) respectively. Representatives from major brands will also share with our delegates the current trends among the thinking of sponsors and how rights holders should craft their sponsorship proposals to make it more attractive to these decision makers.
According to leading industry expert, David Sidenberg, Director, BMi SportInfo, “the sponsorship industry has long been built on rights owners providing rights and assets to build connections between brands and audiences. However, while technological advances and a shift in media consumption are empowering sports fans and raising their expectations, much of the sponsorship industry is largely doing things as it has always done.
“As we near the end of the first phase of the relationship between sport and social media, which is largely based on huge over-claims of reach and relevance, The Forumwill take a closer look for evidence of deep fan engagement in the sponsorship arena”.
Sidenberg will also be sharing the experiences and valuable findings of BMi Sport Info’s most recent research reports on eSports and Millennials and he will unpack what has been learnt about the unique challenges and opportunities brought by digital disruption to the South African Sport & Sponsorship industry at large.
Why You Should Attend the Forum
The Forum will offer delegates an ideal platform to learn from our thought leaders as to what currently works within the sponsorship arena and why brands are starting to demand more rights to optimally leverage their investment in events.
Delegates will also be allowed to give their point of view and further network with their peers during lunch at the end of the Forum.
To download a Booking Form: Click Here
For further information, Contact: Gerrit Davids: Executive Producer: Gerom Media:
Tel. 011-026 4891 | Cell 082 496 1657
Post a Comment