|Roel Boomstra (Netherlands), 2016 World Champion (Men) 100.|
84 players are to be nominated according to the following:
-  World Champion, Challenger and next in order of WC 2015.
-  World Champion Juniors 2016
-  World Cup 2016
-  Intercontinental Cup 2016
-  Africa
-  America
-  Asia
-  Europe
-  Sponsor place
-  Organiser place
-  FMJD President’s Nomination
-  Direct place for top 20 (in order of rating) countries with regular NC
-  Nomination by Organising Federation
-  1 place for each FMJD member not represented by a country holding a regular NC, then in order of World Cup 2016.
The national federations presenting players (or the players themselves) must pay the competitions fee before end of August 2017. If the fee is not recorded on FMJD bank account, player will be replaced by reserve player without additional reminder.
The tournament will be supervised by main referee fr Andriy Shcherbatyuk (Ukraine).
Best 4 players from each group are promoted to the final. FMJD – WC 2017 and the FMJD Swiss system on Solkoff will be used with 9 rounds with the use of Solkoff truncated instead of Solkoff
median for players with equal scores.
Use of clocks and recording games is compulsory during the whole game. The games will be played in the official FMJD time rate of the Fischer system with 1 hour and 20 minutes for the game plus 1 minute per move. Conforming to the FMJD regulations players are not allowed to agree on a draw before they both made 40 moves. If they do so nevertheless, the referee is obliged to decide on a 0-0 result.
it should be noted that competition fee is 200€ per player which the national federations have to pay.
Prize money – total amount is € 20,000 and will be divided as follows:
- 1st place 5,500 €
- 2nd place 3,500 €
- 3rd place 2,500 €
- 4th place 1,700 €
- 5th place 1,200 €
- 6th place 1,000 €
- 7th place 900 €
- 8th place 900 €
- 9th place 800 €
- 10th place 800 €
- 11th place 600 €
- 12th place 600 € (net of any tax)