The Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation MEC Faith Mazibuko has started the 2017 nominations process for the Gauteng Sport Awards.
For a nomination to be considered the following needs to be considered:
- A nominee must be a Gauteng resident/citizen, including a migrant
- The period to be considered is from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017
- Nominees (athletes, coaches and technical officials) must be a registered member of a Gauteng sporting organization for the specified time of consideration
- Nominations will only be accepted on the official nomination forms.
- Nominations forms to be accompanied by supporting documentation (Profiles, Testimonial, Photos, etc.)
- Closing date for nominations submissions is 8th August 2017 @ 16h00, no late nominations will be accepted.
The following categories will be considered for the 2017 awards:
- Sportsman of the Year
- Sportswoman of the Year
- Sport Team of the Year
- Disabled Sportswoman of the Year
- Disabled Sportsman of the Year
- Disabled Sports Team of the Year
- Most promising athlete of the year
- School sport athlete of the year : New Category
- Most promising team of the year
- Community based sport and recreation programme of the year: New Category
- Coach of the Year
- Technical Official of Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Sport Fan of the year
- Sport Journalist of the year (This includes print media, radio and television)
- Sport Programme of the year
- Community Media of the year (print, radio and television) New Category
- Lifetime Achievement award
- Sport Personality of the Year
All these activities will culminate into the awards ceremony on Sunday 01 October 2017, and will showcase the best names in sport, past and present joined by celebrities and personalities from entertainment, fashion, business and politics. This promises to be an evening to be remembered.
The event will broadcast on TV.
Post a Comment