The positions up for election are:
- 2 x positions of Vice-President
- Wargames representative
- National Schools Director
- President (Morizane Boyes)
- 2 x positions of Vice-President (Adele Janse van Rensburg, and Sheraaz Nunnian)
- Board gaming representative (Joseph Matlhong)
- Card gaming representative (Paula Loftus)
- eSports representative (Ryan Boyes)
- Women's desk (Blair Hamberger)
- Legal adviser (Carl Holliday)
- Representative for gamers who are differently abled (Twane Martins)
- Players' Representative (Jason Batzofin)
- General Secretary (Colin Webster)
There is no doubt that the committee has worked well over the past number of years, and it will indeed be interesting to again see democracy at work.
Any fully-paid-up Registered Player affiliated to a member club may be proposed by a member club. Thus anyone wishing to make their mark may do so. However, be warned, there is an actual work portfolio attached to each position.
As it can be seen from the above, MSSA does not hold truck with 'succession plans', but instead trusts entirely on its membership applying its mind and electing the right people to further promote gaming in South Africa.
Who will fill the positions that become vacant in 2017? That is indeed the question.