|League of Legends Team Valkyrie.|
It is also just not good enough to say that esports is not gender based. There are a number of factors that females find exclude them from competition.
Nevertheless, MSSA has continued to promote female participation, and will continue to do so.
The results of MSSA's programmes are beginning to bear fruit as more-and-more females are qualifying for National Team Trials.
The 2017 Esports National Team Trials had the greatest number of females not only qualify for Trials, but also participate in such.
The standard of such players was on par with the males, and it would not surprise me at all to see females at least included in the squads, and at best included in the National Protea Team.
Other articles on this site on the subject are:
- Fear in South African gaming
- Female gaming on the upswing in South Africa
- G2A and MSSA work to improve on gender equity in gaming
- More questions and answers about the MSSA!
- Massive changes required in the administration of eSports
- FIFA '17 players that have qualified for National Team Trials.
- Stamping out abuse in gaming.
- A brave new world!
- There is only one... and from Oudtshoorn, nogal!