What with the restrictions imposed by the South African Government at the moment, Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) is still of the opinion that it will not be able to host a National Team Trials (NTT) in the same manner as it had done so in previous years.
The effects of COVID-19 are far reaching.
Thus MSSA has decided to select its squads slightly differently in 2020 in order to take into account the exceptional circumstances in which we currently find ourselves.
The Selectors will still be there, as they are a constitutional requirement, but, instead of the Selectors going through the exhaustive process as in the past, the Selectors shall be looking at selecting the best teams and individuals solely on their standard of play at the Online National Team Trials that shall be held on 19 September 2020.
Thus the teams and individuals that finish first shall be selected for the senior and junior national squads - with two provisos.
The conditions are that any team that finishes in first place shall be selected on condition that they pass the mandatory drug test that will be carried out by South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS), and that the team, and/or individuals, have to be available for duty on the dates of the events for which they are selected.
Thus all participants are on notice that the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) rules shall apply.
Players who qualify for such Trials are therefore requested to familiarize themselves with the WADA criteria, and those under medication, are requested to comply with the rules in regard to obtaining a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
Should you have any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming events: North West Online Provincial Championships - 29 AUGUST 2020
- Upcoming events: Free State Online Provincial Championships - 5 September 2020
- Upcoming events: National Team Trials - 19 September 2020
- Calendar of Events: 2020
- Affiliation: Schools
- Affiliation: Private clubs
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's School Championships.
- Esports titles selected: MSSA's Premier Championships.
- Results of MSSA's 10th Annual Online Championships for High Schools
- Results of MSSA's Western Cape Online Provincial Championships.
- Results: MSSA's 11th Provincial Online Championships
- Results: Gauteng Online Provincial Championships.
- Test Match results: South African Protea DotA 2 team rises triumphant.
- Test Match results: DOTA2: South Africa vs Azerbaijan
- New National Team Selection Criteria
- Selecting the national Protea teams for Mind Sports South Africa.
- Qualifiers: Clash Royale
- Qualifiers: Counter-Strike: GO
- Qualifiers: Dota 2
- Qualifiers: League of Legends
- Qualifiers: Paladins
- Qualifiers: Pro Evolution Soccer
- The road to Eilat
- IESF announces first three titles for 12th World Championships
- Rankings: Clash Royale
- Rankings: Counter-Strike: GO.
- Rankings: DotA 2 rankings
- Rankings: FIFA '20.
- Rankings: HearthStone
- Rankings: League of Legends
- Rankings: Paladins
- Rankings: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER (PES)
- Rankings: Street Fighter V
- Rankings: Tekken 7 rankings