|Kit to be used by MSSA's U20 Team Esports South Africa that will travel to Malawi.|
Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) has announced the date of its National Team Trials to be 8 October 2022.
On 21 September 2022, MSSA reported that the Southern Africa Region Esports Championships 2022 (SAREC 2022) shall be held in Lilongwe, Malawi on December 3rd and 4th , 2022.
SAREC 2022 is a joint project of the GEF's Africa Esports Development Federation (AEDF) and the African Union Sports Council (AUSC) Region 5 and it will be a demonstration showpiece alongside of the AUSC Region 5 Youth Games.
It should be noted that Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) during the COVID-19 period has made some important changes to National Team Trials (NTT) from which shall also be used for selecting the 2022/2023 National Protea Esports Squads.
The changes ensure the safety and well-being of its athletes.
- Player's in the same team entered from the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- Players in the same team from different provinces may play from different provinces, and
- Players participating in individual titles (1v1) from the same club and who reside in the same province shall play from the same venue, and
- All venues must have a club member in attendance, and
- All clubs entering players shall have an accredited umpire at their venue from which their players are participating. Such umpire may not be a participant in the NTT.
- Confirmation to attend events (test matches and other matches), and,
- Clearance from stimulants.
To participate, a Registered Player shall:
- Be a fully paid up member of an affiliated club.
- Be under 20 years of age as at 31 December 2022.
- StreetFighter V
- Entry is R100.00 per Registered Player.
- Only fully-paid-up Registered Players may participate in this event.
- Entries for National Team Trials must be submitted by 7 October 2022.
- To enter, the club must complete the Google Drive document.
- The entry form may be found on Google Drive which is to be completed and submitted by the member club. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ERR6815uVjSMu4t5KkRxYqGJ_AA88kkz31qRgksASc/edit#gid=287696184
- Clubs are to download the entry form, completed the downloaded form, and e-mail it to Mind Sports South Africa.
- Players making themselves eligible for selection, shall submit copies of their valid Passports with their other documentation to the National Team Manager upon entry.
- Players shall submit a head-and-shoulders photograph of themselves for publication with all other required documentation.
- Players who have reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NHcMGH5G97JA-UbMejpH5AnYjZ4eRChV/edit
- Players who have not yet reached the age of majority may find the necessary forms on https://docs.google.com/document/d/10OcmITrUHuNx298zZUdDoVuWvstJFyHa/edit
- Copy of South African Passport.
- Signed Senior or Junior Contract (Please note a parent or guardian will need to sign if the player is under 18 years of age).
- Copy of an Unabridged Birth Certificate for players under the age of 18
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19.